Family Law & Divorce Attorney
Boca Raton Florida
Barbra Amron Weisberg, PA

contempt & enforcement

Boca Raton Enforcement Attorney

Enforcing Custody, Alimony and Child Support Orders in Broward and Palm Beach Counties

Whether due to changes in circumstances in their ability to follow court orders, or because they intentionally choose not to follow the order, people don’t always follow through on their commitments. Florida laws provide a remedy for the enforcement of child or spousal support orders that go into unexcused default as well as for the enforcement of child custody/parenting plans that have been violated.

Our Attorneys Advise Clients on Either Side of Enforcement Proceedings

If you have questions about falling behind on your child support payments or you need assistance enforcing a court order for alimony after the divorce is final, our Boca Raton order enforcement attorney at Barbra Amron Weisberg, P.A., can advise you of your rights and options. Call 561-292-0030 or contact our family law firm online to arrange a consultation. Our attorneys represent clients who need help enforcing a child support or alimony order as well as individuals who are facing enforcement and contempt actions for failure to pay support.

Alimony & Child Support Enforcement – falling behind on payments?

If you go into arrears on your child support or alimony payments, you will probably be entitled to a reasonable opportunity to bring them current. If you fail to take full advantage of the opportunity, however, you could face serious consequences that could follow you for years. Failure to pay child support or alimony without a solid excuse is treated as “contempt of court”, which can land you in jail. While our South Florida child support enforcement lawyers can work with you to help avoid the worst potential consequences of contempt, it is better to address financial concerns affecting your ability to pay before the problem gets out of hand. We can assist you with a request to modify court orders for support.

Need help enforcing support orders?

You and your child depend on the financial support you receive through court ordered alimony / spousal support or child support. When those payments do not come on time, or they do not come at all, it can be difficult to manage your financial obligations. Our child support and alimony enforcement attorneys can assist you in filing an enforcement action. Additionally, if the other party had the ability to pay and he or she willfully chose not to, we can assist you in pursuing an action for contempt of court. We can help you obtain the financial support you need through court ordered wage garnishments and other methods.

Effective Guidance with Parenting Plan Enforcement

Both parents have a right to share meaningful relationships with their children. When time-sharing is denied, it affects both the parent and the child. Our attorneys at Barbra Amron Weisberg, P.A., handle parenting plan enforcement cases involving:

Parents who wrongfully deny visitation / time-sharing rights

Parents who repeatedly refuse to participate in parental time-sharing

Parents who relocate with a child without prior consent or court approval

We are adept at negotiating solutions, such as a change in time-sharing to better accommodate the needs of the parents and the children, and we offer experienced advocacy in court to enforce the existing order.

Contact a Boca Raton enforcement attorney today

Call 561-292-0030 for Help with Court Order Enforcement.   We provide knowledgeable and experienced representation to clients who need advice about the most effective ways to enforce their child support, alimony or parenting rights, or defend against them. For additional information, contact Barbra Amron Weisberg, P.A., in Boca Raton.

Domestic Violence

Boca Raton Domestic Violence Attorney

In some family law cases, allegations of domestic violence are used as a tactic for one side to get what they want. However, in many situations, the allegation of abuse is accurate and must be factored in to any child custody and visitation orders.   We at the Boca Raton office of Barbra Amron Weisberg, P.A. are sensitive to the needs of individuals on both sides of the violence accusations. We will aggressively stand up for your rights while using our experience to get to the heart of the matter as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Domestic Violence in Family Law Situations

There are also many ways in which abuse can be inflicted. Emotional abuse and harassment are forms of domestic violence that may never leave a physical mark. However, these types of abuse are just as damaging and can take their toll on you and the children throughout the course of a relationship or marriage.  It is important that you are honest with your family law attorney about the occurrence of abuse within your relationship. We can then make the determination as to how to proceed with your family law case and possibly obtain a restraining order.  While our family lawyers are experienced and knowledgeable domestic violence counsel, our involvement in these cases is limited to family court.  We do not handle the criminal aspect but we have affiliates that can assist you.

Contact a Boca Raton domestic violence attorney today

For additional information regarding domestic violence and how we may be able to help you, contact us or call a lawyer at Barbra Amron Weisberg, P.A. at 561-292-0030 today. We can assist you in getting the protection you need or defending yourself, in family court, against any abuse accusations. We represent people throughout South Florida, including Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach and Parkland.

Family Law Procedures

Boca Raton Divorce Procedure Attorney

Florida is a no-fault divorce state. Anyone who is married can file for divorce for any reason. A party needs to simply say that there are irreconcilable differences. Once a party files for divorce they serve the other party with the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. The other party then has 20 days from the date of service to file an answer and in most cases a Counter-Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. A Counter-Petition for Dissolution of marriage is the same thing as a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage but is filed by the other party in response. In most divorce cases it is necessary to file a financial affidavit during a case. A financial affidavit is a document which states a party’s monthly income, monthly expenses, assets and liabilities. The parties must also complete Mandatory Disclosure in most dissolution of marriage cases.

Mandatory Financial Document Disclosure

  • Mandatory Disclosure is where a party provides the other party all of the financial documents such as:
  • Bank statements
  • Investments account statements
  • Stock brokerage account statements
  • 401K statements
  • Credit card statements
  • Tax returns

Each party is required to file a financial affidavit and complete mandatory disclosure within 45 days from the day the Respondent is served with the initial divorce pleadings unless the Court allows for a longer or shorter time.

Contact a Boca Raton divorce procedure lawyer today

Call 561-292-0030 to Discuss your situation with Barbra Amron Weisberg, P.A. For more information about our approach to client service in Florida divorce and family law, Contact our office in Boca Raton